Warning: DOMDocument::loadXML(): Start tag expected, '<' not found in Entity, line: 1 in /data/22/3/88/156/3251645/user/3630812/htdocs/theingredientdetective/wp-content/plugins/premium-seo-pack-light-version/modules/title_meta_format/init.social.php on line 462

Miessence Organics…Too Good to Be True?

 Miessence - Too Good to Be True-

Miessence Organics Marketing Claims:

Miessence is the world’s first extensive range of internationally certified organic skin, hair, body, cosmetic, oral and nutritional products,

Cold Formulated

Made fresh in small batches

100% Beneficial Ingredients

110% Carbon Offset, Green business practices

 

Dr. Suzanne’s Investigation:

The miessence range contains over 100 products ranging from skin care, body care, oral care, hair care and health care products.

Miessence products fall into one of three organic categories:

  • Certified Organic (food grade): 95% certified organic ingredients. The remaining small percentage (up to 5%) must be naturally produced plant or mineral products with strict processing criteria, (e.g. absolutely no GMOs or synthetic chemicals).

 

  • Certified Organic (Cosmetic): Miessence organic cosmetic products contain more than 70% certified organic ingredients. The remaining percentage (up to 30%) must be naturally produced plant or mineral products with strict processing criteria, (e.g. absolutely no GMOs or synthetic chemicals) or products of green chemistry. These products bear the Organic Cosmetic logo.

 

Within this range, there are two ingredients made from “green chemistry”:

1.Coco glucoside is found in both the Desert Flower Shampoo and in the Lemon Myrtle Shampoo.

Coco glucoside is a synthetic surfactant produced from chemical reaction between glucose and coconut oil-derived ingredients. Since it is synthesized from “green chemistry”, it is free from ethylene oxide, 1,4-dioxane and nitrosamine contamination.

1,4 dioxane and ethylene oxide are common contaminants found in synthetic surfactants from the manufacturing process. These are listed either as “known carcinogens” or “reasonably anticipated to be a carcinogen” from the National Toxicology Program.

2. Sorbitan Olivate/Ceteryl Olivate which is found in the Shine Hair Conditioner.

Sorbitan Olivate/Ceteryl Olivate is a surfactant made from olive oil. It is non ethoxylated and PEG free. Since it is synthesized from “green chemistry” it is free from any of the harmful contaminants mentioned above.

 

  • Made With Certified Organic Ingredients – Registered Products: Miessence registered products are mineral-based products with a small percentage of organic ingredients. These are non-agricultural substances (e.g., clay, bicarb soda, minerals), that are subject to strict processing criteria (e.g. absolutely noGMOs or synthetic chemicals).These products otherwise are natural, conform to the general stipulations of the organic standards of the world. 

 

The Verdict:

Miessence Organic products are Dr. Suzanne Approved! 

Miessence only uses safe ingredients and most of the range is certified organic to the highest organic food standards. There are no dangerous chemicals hidden in this range of organic products. 

A bit of history here..(please see my disclaimer below). I conducted this investigation on miessence organics over 10 years ago. At that time, I was finding brand after brand, that claimed to be “natural” or “organic”, but when I really dug down deep (or in some cases, just below the surface), there were always incongruencies in what the company was marketing vs. what the product actually was. When I first found miessence, believe me, I didn’t want to fall for more “marketing hype”…but when you get down to it, there really is none.

healthy organic product

**Disclaimer** As you can see in the “About Me” and everywhere else on my website, I do represent miessence as an independent representative. I am an ingredient detective first, which is how I found miessence and why I represent this company, because of the high quality, organic food grade product that it is. If you do click through my link, I will earn income on your order.

Posted in Babies and Children, Cleaning Products, Detoxification, Household Items, Personal Care Product
4 comments on “Miessence Organics…Too Good to Be True?
  1. Christine says:

    Does Misessence test the batchs of products that they use?
    Obviously, just because something claims it is organic does not mean there are no toxic chemicals? Because depending on where it is sourced from it could have picked up anything, would you agree with that statement?thank you!

    • Hi Christine, If a product has a 3rd party certified organic food seal of approval on the finished product, then that guarantees that every step of the way from seed to packaging there are strict standards in place. This certified organic standard means that the product contains more than 95% certified organic ingredients. The remaining small percentage (up to 5%) must be naturally produced plant or mineral products with strict processing criteria, (e.g. absolutely no GMOs or synthetic chemicals).

    • Hi Christine, SO I am not sure I answered that fully for you. If miessence is sourcing certified organic aloe vera from a farm – that farm would be following strict criteria to hold the certified organic standard of their aloe.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

Earn Free Miessence Products!

Receive 20% Off Your Miessence Purchase!